It offers Physiotherapists / Exercise experts a range of opportunities to develop their skills in handling various Non-communicable diseases affecting health from birth until elderly. Physical inactivity is a key risk factor for non-communicable diseases, and the fourth leading cause of early death globally.
The course is concluded by reviewing evidence on treatment parameters and clinical reasoning in selecting various exercise regimens.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Perform physical fitness assessment, health screening, exercise prescription and exercise instruction for the treatment and prevention of non-communicable diseases (NCD)
- Prescribe exercise of the right dosage to yield specific adaption to intervene and treat NCD’s like diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and osteoporosis.
- Demonstrate and implement various steps and protocols for safe exercise execution.
- Analyse, evaluate and monitor responses of patient towards the dosage of exercise to apply further progressive intervention on behaviour and lifestyle changes.
- Apply effective communication skills towards clients, peers and demonstrate professionalism, managerial attributes, leadership and demonstrate good teamwork skills as well as managing resources.
Who Should Attend?
- Occupational Therapists,
- Medical Practitioners
- Exercise Specialists and Fitness Trainers